Paxil is a potent antidepressant drug that is used for the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, PTSD, et al. This antidepressant drug is classified under SSRIs i.e. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
The generic name of Paxil is Paroxetine.
Packet of Paxil 20 mg tablets for Canadian market
Paxil is available in various dosages, you can buy generic Paroxetine 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg online. No prescription needed. All you need is to place an order for the required quantity on Canadian online pharmacy store.
Uses of Paxil (Paroxetine)
Paxil (Paroxetine) is used for the treatment of:
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive- compulsive disorder
- Post- traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Brisdelle, a brand of Paroxetine is used for the treatment of hot flashes associated with menopause. This brand of Paroxetine is not used for the treatment of other conditions.
How Paxil (Paroxetine) works?
There are certain chemicals in the brain that get unbalanced in the people who suffer from depression, anxiety, et al. Paxil (Paroxetine) works by establishing the correct balance between the chemicals and hence, restoring good mental health.
How to take Paxil (Paroxetine)?
The patient must take Paxil (Paroxetine) as prescribed by your doctor. The doctor might change the drug dose but, the patient is advised not to change the dose according to his or her will. The most must be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor and for the exact duration f time as advised.
Side-effects of Paxil (Paroxetine)
The serious side- effects of Paxil (Paroxetine) include:
- Allergic reaction that leads to the symptoms like difficulty in breathing, swelling on throat, lips, tongue and face and occurrence of skin rashes.
- Feeling agitated, irritable, impulsive, hostile, restless, aggressive, more depressed and feeling mentally or physically hyperactive
- Feeling of hurting self or committing suicide
- Risk- taking behaviour, Racing thoughts, extreme happiness or sadness
- Tenderness or pain in brain, bruising and swelling
- Tunnel vision, blurred vision, swelling or pain in eyes
- Unusual bleeding from rectum, vagina, nose or mouth, blood in cough, easy bruising
- Change in appetite or weight
- Low sodium level in body causing headache, confusion, fatigue, slurred speech, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination
- High serotonin in the body leading to agitation, fever, hallucination, rapid heart rate, nausea, vomiting, overactive reflexes, fainting, loss of coordination, diarrhea
- Severe skin reaction manifesting as sore throat, burning in eyes and skin, swelling in tongue or face, occurrence of purple or red skin rash and peeling and blistering
- Nervous system reactions causing rigid muscles, sweating, high fever, confusion, uneven or rapid heartbeat, fainting or tremor
Common side- effects of Paxil (Paroxetine)
- Vision changes
- Loss of appetite
- Dry Mouth
- Decreased libido
- Difficulty in having orgasm
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
You must not take this drug if you are pregnant unless strictly advised by the doctor.
You must use this drug only when the benefits of Paxil (Paroxetine) outweigh the risks associated with it. This drug is the most preferred drug for lactating ladies. It might cause mild side- effects particularly in the patients who take this drug in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Prescribing Information (.pdf)