Pamelor is an antidepressant drug. It is used in the patients who are under the spell of depression. This drug is classified under tricyclic antidepressant.
The generic name of Pamelor is Nortriptyline.
Packet of Pamelor 25 mg capsules USP for Canadian market
Pamelor is available in various dosages, you can buy generic Nortriptyline 25 mg online. No prescription needed. All you need is to place an order for the required quantity on Canadian online pharmacy store.
Uses of Pamelor (Nortriptyline)
Pamelor (Nortriptyline) is used in the patients with depression. It is very potent in managing the symptoms of depression.
How does Pamelor (Nortriptyline) work?
Pamelor (Nortriptyline) works by balancing the chemicals in the brain that get disturbed in the people who are suffering from any mental issue like depression.
How to take Pamelor (Nortriptyline)?
Pamelor (Nortriptyline) must be taken as advised by the doctor. You must take the drug in exact dose as prescribed by the doctor. You must not take a larger dose or a smaller dose than the prescribed dose. Also, you must take this drug only till the advised duration of time.
Do not stop taking this drug abruptly as it might lead to very severe withdrawal symptoms. Stop the drug only after talking to your doctor.
Side-effects of Pamelor (Nortriptyline)
Like every drug Pamelor (Nortriptyline) has some side- effects too. The side- effects can be mild, moderate or serious. The side- effects can also be classified as common or rare.
The serious side- effects of Pamelor (Nortriptyline) are:
- Allergic reaction: An allergic reaction due to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) is rare but, when it occurs, it is a medical emergency. When it occurs it manifests as skin rashes or hives, swelling on throat, lips, tongue or face as well as for difficulty in breathing.
- Mood swings or behavioural changes
- Feeling more depressed than usual
- Having thoughts about committing suicide
- Having thoughts about hurting self
- Feeling physically or mentally hyperactive
- Trouble in sleeping
- Feeling impulsive, hostile, irritable, agitated, restless, or aggressive
You must call your doctor immediately if you experience:
- Tunnel vision, blurred vision, swelling or pain in eye, seeing halo around eyes
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Feeling lightheaded or feeling like passing out
- Movements in jaw, neck, eyes, tongue
- Worsening or new chest pain, fluttering in the chest pounding heartbeats
- Sudden weakness or numbness
- Problems with balance, speech or vision
- Yellowing of eyes and skin (jaundice)
- Easy bruising and unusual bleeding
- Sore throat and fever
- Difficult or painful urination
- High level of serotonin leading to symptoms like hallucination, agitation, overactive reflexes, rapid heart rate, fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fainting or loss of coordination
The common side- effects of Pamelor (Nortriptyline) include:
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia (sleep problems)
- Unusual taste or dry mouth
- No or little urinating
- Breast swelling in men and women
- Vision changes
- Decreased libido
- Difficulty in having orgasm
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
The drug should be taken in pregnancy only if the benefits of the drug outweigh the associated risks.
Also, if you are a lactating mother, you should use this drug only if the benefits outweigh the associated risks.
- Prescribing Information (.pdf)