Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)
Nortriptyline, also known as Nortriptyline Hydrochloride is an antidepressant drug. It is classified under tricyclic antidepressant medications. It is a very potent drug in treating the symptoms of depression.
Packet of Nortriptyline 10 mg capsules for Canadian market
Nortriptyline is available in various dosages, you can buy generic Nortriptyline Hydrochloride 10 mg and 25 mg online. No prescription needed. All you need is to place an order for the required quantity on Canadian online pharmacy store.
Uses of Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)
Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) is used in the patients who are dealing with depression. It effectively treats the symptoms of depression.
How does Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) work?
The chemical equilibrium gets disturbed in the patients who suffer from depression. The disturbed balance results in the occurrence of various symptoms of depression. Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) helps in establishing the balance of the chemicals present in the brain and hence, treating depression.
How to take Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)?
You must take Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) as prescribed by your doctor. The dose should be taken exactly as given by the doctor. Do not change the dose by yourself. The doctor may change the dose by himself if needed.
Do not stop the use of Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) abruptly. Stop the medication only when advised by the doctor.
The adult dose for depression is 25 mg 3 to 4 times a day. The maximum dose is 150 mg per day. The drug has to be taken orally.
Geriatric dose of Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) for depression 30 to 50 mg every day in divided doses. The drug has to be taken orally.
Side-effects of Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)
The serious side- effects of Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) include:
- Allergic reaction: This is an emergency condition where you must seek medical help. The allergic reaction causes symptoms like swelling on throat, face, lips and tongue, rouble breathing and occurrence of skin rashes or hives.
- Feeling mentally or physically hyperactive, agitated, more depressed, hostile, aggressive, irritable, restless or impulsive
- Increased suicidal tendencies
- Feeling of hurting self
- Tunnel vision, pain or swelling in eyes, blurred vision and seeing halo around light
- Muscle movements in neck, jaw, tongue or eye
- Light- headedness or a feeling like passing out
- Sudden fatigue or numbness
- Problem in balancing, vision or speech
- New or worsening pain in chest, fluttering in chest or pounding heartbeat
- Sore throat
- Unusual bleeding and easy bruising
- Difficult or painful urination
- Yellowing of eyes or skin (jaundice)
- High serotonin level in the body causing fainting, loss of coordination, hallucination, agitation, overactive reflexes, rapid heart rate, fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
The common side- effects of Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) include:
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual taste
- Dry mouth
- No or little urinating
- Breast swelling in men as well as women
- Decreased libido
- Difficulty in having orgasm
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) can be used in pregnancy only when it is prescribed by the doctor. You must discuss everything with your doctor before taking the drug like if you plan to get pregnant or if you already are pregnant.
If you are a lactating mother, you must take Nortriptyline (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) only when prescribed by the doctor as this medication passes into the breast milk.
- Prescribing Information (.pdf)