Fluvoxamine is an antidepressant drug. It is classified under SSRI antidepressants i.e. serotonin reuptake inhibitors. This drug is used for the treatment of social phobia as well as obsessive- compulsive disorders.
The brand name of Fluvoxamine is Luvox.
Packet of Luvox 100 mg scored tablets for Canadian market
Luvox is available in various dosages, you can buy generic Fluvoxamine 50 mg and 100 mg online. No prescription needed. All you need is to place an order for the required quantity on Canadian online pharmacy store.
Uses of Luvox (Fluvoxamine)
Luvox (Fluvoxamine) is used for:
- Treatment of anxiety disorder i.e. social phobia
- Obsessive- compulsive disorders associated with recurring actions or thoughts
How does Luvox (Fluvoxamine) work?
Luvox (Fluvoxamine) works by affecting the chemicals in the brain.
In some people, the chemicals in the brain get unbalanced leading to the symptoms of obsessive- compulsive disorders. This medication works by restoring the balance between the chemicals.
How to take Luvox (Fluvoxamine)?
Luvox (Fluvoxamine) must be taken as prescribed by the doctor. It is usually taken during the night. The doctor might change the dose of the drug occasionally.
Take the medication in exact dose as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take small or large doses. Also, take the drug for recommended time and not longer than that.
You can take this drug with or without food. Do not stop taking this drug abruptly without the consent of your doctor.
Side- effects of Luvox (fluvoxamine)
Luvox (Fluvoxamine) has some mild and some serious side- effects.
The serious side- effects of Luvox (Fluvoxamine) include:
- Allergic reaction causing difficulty in breathing, swelling on the throat, lips, tongue, and face and skin rashes or hives. You must visit your doctor immediately if it occurs.
- Increased suicidal tendencies
- Feeling of hurting self
- Getting more depressed
- Feeling agitated, irritated, hostile, impulsive or aggressive
- Mood swings or behavioural changes
- Panic attacks and anxiety
- Physical or mental hyperactivity
- Blurred vision, pain or swelling in eyes, tunnel vision
- Unusual bleeding or easy bruising
- Change in appetite
- Change in weight
- Racing thoughts, risk- taking behaviour, anxiety, feeling extreme happiness of sadness
- High serotonin level leading to agitation, fever, hallucination, rapid heart rate, nausea, vomiting, overactive reflexes, fainting and loss of coordination, diarrhea
- Severe nervous system reactions manifesting as very- stiff muscles, high grade fever, uneven or rapid heartbeat, sweating, confusion, feeling like passing out, tremors
- Low sodium level in the body leading to confusion, headache, fatigue, slurred speech, loss of coordination, vomiting and feeling unsteady
These side- effects need strict medical attention.
The common side- effects caused by Luvox (Fluvoxamine) include:
- Loss of appetite
- Increased urination
- Depressed mood
- Skin rashes
- Changes in vision
- Stuffy nose
- Dry mouth
- Unpleasant or unusual taste in mouth
- Feeling restless
- Heavy menstrual period
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Trouble in having orgasm
- Decreased libido
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
In pregnancy, this drug should only be taken if advised by the doctor.
It should not be taken by a lactating mother as the drug might harm the foetus.
- Prescribing Information (.pdf)