Geodon (ziprasidone) is a potent medication to treat schizophrenia. It is basically an antipsychotic drug. This drug is also used for the treatment of symptoms of manic depression. This drug is used in adults as well as in children who ate at least 10 years of age.
Packet of Geodon 40 mg capsules for Canadian market
Geodon is available in various dosages, you can buy generic Ziprasidone 20 mg, 40 mg and 80 mg online. No prescription needed. All you need is to place an order for the required quantity on Canadian online pharmacy store.
Uses of Geodon (Ziprasidone)
Geodon (Ziprasidone) is used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar disorder’s manic symptoms (Manic depression)
How does Geodon (Ziprasidone) work?
Geodon (Ziprasidone) works by altering the effects caused by certain chemicals present in the brain
Side- effects of Geodon (Ziprasidone)
Geodon (Ziprasidone) has some side- effects. Some side- effects are serious while some are very mild.
The serious side- effects of Geodon (Ziprasidone) are:
- An allergic reaction to Geodon (Ziprasidone) that produce the symptoms like hives or rashes, difficulty in breathing as well as swelling on face, tongue, lips, and throat.
- Severe skin reaction that can spread to other body parts too. This condition can be fatal.
- Occurrence of skin rashes with fever
- Symptoms of flu
- Swollen glands
- Easy bruising as well as bleeding
- Severe numbness or tingling
- Pain in upper stomach
- Muscle weakness
- Jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin)
- Worsening or new cough
- Pain in chest
- Trouble in breathing
- Feeling lightheadedness, feeling like passing out
- Rapid or pounding heartbeat
- Lower white blood cell count producing symptoms like ill feeling, sudden weakness, fever, chills, mouth sores, sore throat, swollen or red gums, pain in swallowing
- Uncontrolled movements of muscles of face like lip smacking, chewing, frowning, eye movement or blinking, tongue movement
- High level of blood sugar producing symptoms like weight loss, increased thirst, dry mouth, increased urination, fruity breath smell, increased hunger, dry skin, drowsiness, weight loss, blurred vision
- Severe nervous system reactions manifesting as rigid muscles, sweating, high grade fever, confusion, agitation
- Severe skin reaction that manifests as fever, swelling on the tongue or on face, sore throat, burning in the eyes, pain on skin followed by the occurrence of purple or red skin rashes that tend to spread and lead to blistering and peeling. The rashes typically occur on the face as well as on the upper body.
Mild and common symptoms of Geodon (Ziprasidone) are:
- Unusual fatigue
- Upset stomach
- Feeling restless
- Running nose
- Occurrence of new or worsening of cough
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
You must not take this drug if you are pregnant. Take this drug only when it is very necessary. Take it only when prescribed by the doctor.
It is still not known whether Geodon (Ziprasidone) passes into the breast milk or not. But, to be on a safer side, you must not breastfeed your baby if you take Geodon (Ziprasidone).
How to take Geodon (Ziprasidone)?
Geodon (Ziprasidone) must be taken exactly as directed by the physician. You must not alter the dose by yourself. Do not increase, decrease or change the duration of the dose.
You can take this drug with food. Do not stop taking this medication abruptly. Talk to your doctor before you quit taking this drug.
- Prescribing Information (.pdf)