Effexor is an antidepressant drug. The generic name for Effexor is Venlafaxine. This drug is used for the treatment of anxiety and panic as well as depressive disorders. Venlafaxine is classified under the group of SSNRI drugs i.e. selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors.
Packet of Effexor 75 mg capsules for Canadian market
Effexor is available in various dosages, you can buy generic Venlafaxine 37.5 mg and 75 mg online. No prescription needed. All you need is to place an order for the required quantity on Canadian online pharmacy store.
Uses of Effexor
Effexor is used in the treatment of:
- Major depressive disorders
- Panic disorders
Side- effects of Effexor
Effexor has some major side- effects as well as some minor side- effects.
The serious side- effects of Effexor include:
- Allergic reaction: Allergic reaction to Effexor manifests as hives or skin rashes, swelling on lips, tongue, face and throat and difficulty in breathing. This condition needs immediate medical attention.
- Swelling or pain in eyes, tunnel vision, blurred vision or seeing halo around light
- Unusual bleeding from mouth, nose, rectum or vagina, easy bruising, red or purple pinpoint spots beneath the skin
- Convulsions (seizure)
- High serotonin level in the body leading to hallucination, agitation, rapid heart rate, fever, overactive reflexes, loss of coordination, fainting, diarrhea, vomiting
- Chest tightness, cough, trouble in breathing
- Drop in the level of sodium in the body leading to confusion, headache, slurred speech, loss of coordination, severe weakness, feeling unsteady, vomiting
- Serious nervous system reactions leading to rigid muscles, sweating, high-grade fever, confusion, tremors, rapid or uneven heartbeat, feeling like passing out
- Symptoms like behavioral or mood changes, panic attacks, anxiety, feeling impulsive, hostile, agitated, aggressive, hyperactive, restless, more depressed, trouble in sleeping or having feeling like hurting self or increased suicidal tendencies.
You must see your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms or worsening of any of these symptoms.
The common side- effects of Effexor include:
- Vision changes
- Dry mouth
- Change in appetite
- Change in weight
- Feeling nervous
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shaking or tremor
- Tired feeling
- Strange dreams
- Increased sweating
- Decreased sex drive
- Difficulty in having an orgasm
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Taking Effexor during pregnancy is not recommended as it might cause harm to the baby.
Taking it can lead to serious consequences like lung issues and many other serious complications. It is better to discuss the potential side- effects with your doctor. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during the course of the treatment.
Also, do not stop the medication abruptly without the consent of your doctor as it might cause a relapse in depression.
Effexor can also pass into the breast milk. So, it is also not recommended to lactating mothers. If you are a nursing mother, quit breastfeeding or taking thins drug as it might cause unwanted effects in the nursing baby.
How to take Effexor?
Effexor must be taken as directed by your doctor. Do not take this drug in higher or lower amount than the prescribed dose. Take it exactly in the prescribed dose. Take the drug same time every day for better results.
You can take it with food.
- Prescribing Information (.pdf)