Bupron SR (Bupropion)
Bupron SR is a well-known antidepressant used by doctors to alter the quantities of neurotransmitters in the synaptic clefts. Its generic name is Bupropion It helps in restoring the balance in hormones. It helps in bringing about significant changes in the mood of patients who have been suffering from season affective disorders or even major depressive disorder. At certain cases, it is also prescribed by doctors to patients having ADHD symptoms and people who want to initiate quitting of cigarettes. The group of antidepressants this medication falls under is called norepinephrine dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI). In the year 1989, this drug was first approved officially in the USA. Its generic name was Ampfebutamone earlier which was changed to Bupropion in 2000.
Packet of Bupron SR 150 mg tablets USP for Canadian market
Buy Bupron SR
Bupron SR is available in various dosages, you can buy generic Bupropion 150 mg online. No prescription needed. All you need is to place an order for the required quantity on Canadian online pharmacy store.
Uses of Bupron SR
This drug is used for many medical conditions and is quite useful to patients and doctors. Some of them can be described as:
- Major Depressive Disorder: This drug can be used to alter the symptoms of depression that occur in major depressive disorder or in clinical depression. The drugs from selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) do not help very effectively against fatigue and sleepiness, but on the other hand, Bupron SR has been found to be quite useful. Anxious depression can also be helped with using Bupron SR.
- It helps children with symptoms related to Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- People may face difficulty with the withdrawal symptoms of smoking. Though researchers are not exactly able to find out the reason why Bupron SR is useful, but clinical trials have found it to be quite effective.
- Bipolar disorder can also be treated using this medication
- Some studies say that it can treat people who are overweight.
- Though not FDA approved, symptoms of sexual dysfunction can be treated using Bupron SR.
Side-effects of Bupron SR
You cannot really ignore the side-effects when using any medication. As this drugs have the ability to bring drastic changes in your cognition and perception, it is bound to bring about certain other changes as well. They are:
- Sore throat
- Blurred vision
- Increased sweating
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Reduction in the appetite
- Dry mouth
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Trouble with sleeping
- Severe headache
- Concentrating issues
- Irregular heartbeats
- Sounds heard in the ears
- Skin rash, itches, or hives
Bupron SR Contraindications
Certain medical conditions do not allow patients to use this medication for any of its uses. These should be kept in mind. They are:
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Liver damage
- Kidney disease
- Epileptic seizure
- Patients who use monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Suicidal ideation
Pregnancy and Bupron SR
The FDA assigned Bupron SR to the categories B2 and C. Studies did show risks to the foetus. Therefore, only in extreme conditions, it should be given to pregnant patients.
Mode of Ingestion
Bupron SR is found in the form of oral tablets.